Leave and Accommodation Specialist
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we?re developing packaging that?s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Responsible for managing and administering all aspects of the Company?s leave and accommodation process and policies. This includes compliance with the company?s leave policies, the American?s with Disabilities Act (ADA) and all federal, state and municipal leave laws and requirements. The Leave and Accommodation Specialist will also be the primary contact for managers and employees providing them with guidance and recommendations regarding the process, along with correspondence and documentation review and management of the leave information in the company?s HRIS/Absence systems.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Provide superior customer service experience to all team members. Includes meeting with employees face-to-face, between multiple locations and shifts.
- Coordinate, track and manage company leave of absences ? including FMLA, state and municipal leaves, company provided leaves, military leaves, worker?s compensation leaves, etc. Includes sending required notices, forms and letters, and determining leave eligibility and leave approvals/denials and re-certifications on a strict deadline.
- Coordinate, track and manage requests for accommodations under ADA.
- Analyze workplace accommodation requests and provide recommendations.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Company?s third party administrator (currently Hartford).
- Serve as the point of contact for absence inquiries, educating employees and managers on the leave process, related policies and procedures, as well as time entry.
- Communicate with employees, managers and human resources professionals to coordinate the return to work process, including accommodation requests and leave expirations.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of disability management, including STD, LTD, ADA, FMLA, ADAAA and assistance with Workers Compensation.
- Make recommendations for policy and procedural changes and put into practice approved changes.
- Acts as a resource to employees regarding medical benefits end dates, short-term and long-term disability benefit issues and resolves employee issues and provides education on how to file a claim.
- Creates and maintain complete and accurate leave and accommodation files.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of federal, state and municipal leave laws and regulations; propose revisions to internal documents, policies and communications as necessary to ensure company compliance.
- Develop, generate and present reports on a regular basis to analyze leave and accommodation data and trends.
- Develop and deliver leave related training for employees, managers and human resources professionals.
- Adhere to and participate in Company?s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Research and validate accuracy/facts of related leave/disability issues for external clients (vendors, attorneys, legal representatives) and internal departments.
- Interpretation and communication of Company policies, practices, State and Federal laws and ADAAA.
- Enforce compliance with FMLA, medical and all leaves of absences based upon Company policy and Federal/State laws and ADAAA.
- Ability to maintain confidentially and adhere to the highest degree of professional standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong customer service orientation; demonstrated willingness to help and go above and beyond for others (internal and external stakeholders and customers).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to explain leaves and benefits in a clear, easy to understand manner; must be able to present to groups of people effectively with confidence and strong content delivery.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness ? ability to find sources of accurate information and thoroughly understand a process or product to the point where you can help educate others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, growth environment with ability to work independently as well as within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 3+ year(s) minimum
- Prior experience with accommodation management
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft suite of Power Point, Word, Excel (advanced level).
- Understanding of various HR applications (including SAP SuccessFactors, ADP or similar systems) and processes to support service delivery processes across the HR team.
- Strong business acumen with a focus on providing world class internal and external experience.
- Knowledge and experience in administering leave of absences and accommodations.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations, including ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADAAA and the ACA.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 60,900 - $91,080 (Salary to be determined by the applicant?s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in [email protected]? Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans