Patient Registration Associate
SEIU Local 105 - $21.04 - $23.93
?May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts."
Acts as first point of contact for Kaiser Permanente members/patients and assists members/patients through registration process under minimal direct supervision. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Greets each member with a smile, eye contact, proper tone and welcoming body language. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport, cooperative relationships and displays appropriate empathy with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems. Follows processes, handles higher level customer issues, to include eligibility, benefit and billing concerns. Practices proper cash handling and reconciliation processes in accordance with established policies and guidelines. Responsible to collect all patient financial liabilities.
- Serves as ambassadors for Kaiser Permanente by exhibiting respectful, professional, courteous and friendly behavior towards and around our patients and members and supporting the member/patient experience. Supporting the member/patient experience through active listening, seeking to understand and building relationships with our member/patient. Greets all members/patients/anyone that approaches your work space appropriately with a smile. Assist with way finding along with environment monitoring of member/patient areas. Create a seamless member/patient experience between registration and the receiving department.
- Perform the Standard Registration Process for sign-in and check-in procedures. To include maintenance of member demographics, i.e. preferences of language, name and communication methods. Identify New Members and assist with packets. Intake forms and follows department guidelines: PFL/HIPAA/Disability and other forms part of the frontend process. To include electronic forms, CDs and questionnaires. Generate member printouts upon request (i.e. Billing report and Evidence of Coverage). Assist with scheduling routine and follow-up appointments as needed and directs members according to appointment and clinical notes. Handling incoming and outgoing communication for departments. Consistently demonstrates the ability to prioritize and multitask as it relates to the member experience. Meets and/or exceeds regional and departmental performance standards.
- Uses available resources and tools to determine patient account status and eligibility. Selects or creates the appropriate account type at time of registration for the following: benefits, eligibility, patient liability, third party, coordination of benefits, venture programs, automobile insurance, workers' compensation insurance, fee for service, or services for non-members. Address complex eligibility issues, benefit explanation questions and billing and customer service concerns.
- Collect patient financial liabilities such as copay, pre-service dollars, deductibles and outstanding balance. Practices proper cash handling and reconciliation processes in accordance with established policies and guidelines. May be responsible for ordering and maintaining cash/change orders.
Provides information and has expert knowledge of Kaiser Permanente and its health plan portfolio, services and business cycle. Provides clear & concise instruction to members for accessing Kp.org/patient website & other on-line tools. Along with resetting Kp.org passwords and ordering replacement ID cards as needed.
- Must pass Patient Registration Knowledge assessment two weeks after training at 90% or higher.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving during challenging patient interactions and situations. Ability to recognize and to follow appropriate procedures for medical and non-medical emergencies. Video monitored with panic button linked to security services.
- Performs advanced Account Reconciliation which may include:
- Proactive reconciliation
- Correcting known benefit issues
- Account maintenance
- Addressing and correcting eligibility issues.
- Validating undistributed payments
- Setting up payment plans for members
May work in fluctuating temperatures. May have to work in a high traffic area with constant interruptions. May work in a restricted space with artificial lighting, confined by computer and related equipment with limited movement. May be required to stand or sit for extended periods of time and may rotate between work stations throughout the medical office. Required to remain in assigned area and adhere to scheduled breaks and lunch. Medical office environment includes working in proximity to sick members with possible direct contact with potentially sick members. Some occupational lifting up to 30 lbs and squatting required.
Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum two (2) years of work experience involving public contact, clerical, reception.
Minimum two (2) years of work experience involving cash handling or cash balance or reconciliation to include one (1) year of work experience using multiple business software applications simultaneously.
High school graduation or General Education Development (GED) Diploma required.
License, Certification, Registration
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Must demonstrate excellent customer service orientation, problem solving and verbal communication ability. Must enjoy constant public contact.
Data Entry 4500 KPH with 5% error rate or less.
Typing with 35 wpm with 5% error rate or less.
Math assessment - must obtain a proficient score between 2.51 or above.
Comprehension/critical thinking must obtain a proficient score 2.51 or above.
Basic Computer Literacy must have a score 70% or higher.
Service assessment must obtain score in the 31st percentile or above.
PrimaryLocation : Colorado,Denver,Skyline Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : C01|SEIU|Local 105
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Administrative & Support Services
Department : Skyline Medical Offices - Reception/Cashier - 1608
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.