Intake Specialist - Remote WFH
$25 - $27 per hour
IMPORTANT SCHEDULE INFORMATION - Please do not apply if you are unable to work the following schedule.
* The weekly schedule can be either:
Saturday - Wednesday (Thursdays and Fridays off)
Wednesday - Sunday (Mondays and Tuesdays off)
* Week day hours are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. , preferably Pacific Time.
* Weekend hours are flexible, but will be a full-time 8-hour shift.
Expressable is a virtual speech therapy practice on a mission to transform care delivery and expand access to high-quality services, serving thousands of clients since our inception in late 2019. We are passionate advocates of parent-focused intervention. Our e-learning platform contains thousands of home-based learning modules authored by our clinical team, helping SLPs empower caregivers to integrate speech therapy techniques into their child?s daily life and improve outcomes. Our mission is to set a new standard in speech therapy by making every caregiver a champion of their loved one?s success. We envision a world where everyone can fulfill their communication potential.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly organized and self-motivated, Intake Specialist to join our growing team. You will be responsible for initial intake of our clients for our clinical team and effective management of referrals for both internal and external partners. This includes providing timely and efficient follow-up and support for customer needs, verifying insurance, collecting appropriate client and billing information, requesting prior authorization, and managing communication regarding referrals.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
What you would be doing at Expressable
- Provide an outstanding customer experience in support of patient, referral, or insurance inquiries and conduct timely follow up with all clients and referring parties.
- Conduct client outreach via phone, text, and email to obtain insurance information, collect required documentation, and communicate basic information/answer questions regarding speech therapy and Expressable.
- Complete insurance verification and assist with submitting services for prior authorization utilizing appropriate 3rd party systems and processes.
- Check insurance requirements to ensure accuracy and contract compliance.
- Properly escalate items needing attention.
- Create and update information in electronic health records and CRM.
- Participate, as needed, in collaboration with revenue cycle management partners in the research and appeal process of denied claims.
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with company policies including HIPAA and other regulatory, legal and safety requirements.
What you bring to Expressable
- At least 2 years of experience working as a customer facing intake specialist, patient/member services, insurance/authorization personnel, or medical front office representative
- Well versed in performing insurance authorization and verification, with in-depth knowledge of HMOs, PPOs, Commercial Payers, HSAs/FSAs, Medicaid, and Medicare
- Adept at managing a diverse client base with a wide variety of insurance plans in multiple states each day.
- Adept at managing multiple calendars and assisting with complex scheduling needs
- Ability to collaborate with a fully remote team
Key competencies for success in this role
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attention to Detail-- Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product to provide accurate and consistent work. Provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it. Carefully monitors the details and quality of one's own and others' work.
- Planning/Organizing (Time Management)--Ability to work independently. Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans. Acts with a sense of urgency.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Benefits at Expressable
- Exceptional paid time off policies that encourage and support life balance
- 401k matching to ensure our staff have what they need to enjoy their retirement
- Health insurance options that ensure well being for the whole person and their family
- Remote work environment that strives for connectivity through professional collaboration and personal connections
Expressable values people. From the technology we develop, the services we provide, and the culture we maintain, Expressable cares about the experience of our employees, clients, and prospects. We intentionally create and sustain supportive environments in which everyone - clients, caregivers, speech-language pathologists, and team members - can achieve their highest potential.
We believe that building trusting and collaborative relationships is paramount to delivering quality care so we operate with the highest levels of honesty, transparency, and accountability as individuals and a collaborative team. We believe that transforming therapy happens through the steady and iterative problem solving of an interdisciplinary team.
Expressable is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate and embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a broad tapestry of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Expressable is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Expressable will take the steps to ensure people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at https://www.expressable.io.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Every weekend
Work Location: Remote