Horizon BCBSNJ employees must live in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut or Delaware
Job Summary:This position is responsible for the screening, sorting and delivery of mail receivables, packages and stock items as directed by manager/supervisor. Prepare outgoing mail for release to Post Office or other couriers. This position is also responsible for monitoring computerized and tracked mail.
- Operates mail opening equipment and prepares mail for sorting.
- Screens, sorts and delivers mail to the appropriate areas.
- Monitors the workflow of mail receivables throughout the unit.
- Maintain mail distribution flow and ensure minimal work flow interruptions.
- Dispatches and delivers work to designated areas.
- Delivers packages and stock materials weighing up to 75 pounds to designated areas
- Receive, count and check overnights and expresses mail, packages and then inputs this into the computerized tracking systems.
- Pick up trans files for delivery to archives department and ensures proper receipts.
- Provides customer assistance to all levels of management regarding mail routing issues.
- Prepare outgoing mail.
- Report malfunction of mail equipment or conveyor system to management.
- Prefer six months experience in a mailroom environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Prefer knowledge of United States postal requirements and regulations.
- Prefer knowledge of overnight express vendor processes.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to classify information, to be determined by the Classifying Test (US).
- Requires the ability to stand and lift heavy items up to 75 pounds.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law. Horizon will consider reasonable accommodation requests as part of the recruiting and hiring process.