ACCOUNTANT ADVANCED - IPR#45905
Agency : Department of Transportation
Closing Date/Time: 09/23/2022
Salary: $4,525 - $6,622 Monthly
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 2
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Agency Mission Statement
The Illinois Department of Transportation is seeking to hire an Accountant Advanced.
The IDOT team works diligently to provide safe, cost-effective transportation for Illinois in ways that enhance quality of life, promote economic prosperity and protect our environment. We are problem solvers and leaders, constantly searching for innovations and improvements in support of our commitment to providing the best multimodal transportation system for Illinois.
Our team fosters a culture of inclusivity. We value diversity and hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards as we work together for a common purpose. Team members frequently collaborate with colleagues and others outside the department to best meet customer needs.
The department offers extensive training and career advancement opportunities. Employees also receive a robust benefit package including:
- Monday-Friday work schedule
- Flexible work schedules are available in many program areas.
- Health, Life, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Pension Plan
- (10) Weeks paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Deferred Compensation Program and other pre-tax benefit programs (Medical/Daycare)
- Employees earn (12) paid Sick Days annually.
- New Employees earn (10) paid Vacation Days their first year of service and can earn up to (25) paid Vacation Days annually.
- Employees earn (3) paid Personal Days annually.
- (13-14) paid holidays annually (based on start date)
- Tuition Reimbursement
We invite qualified applicants to apply to become part of our team. We are confident that you will take pride in serving Illinois and its residents and visitors.
1. Performs thorough audit of project and applicable Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) bureau files to determine accuracy, eligibility, and distribution of changes for proper federal claim.
- Identifies and assembles acceptable source documentation for federal reimbursement claim.
- Audits contract and force account charges; documents federal eligibility and/or rejection of claims.
- Reconciles computer system edits and costs affected, coding discrepancies, and accounting adjustments.
- Categorizes costs by proper federal fund and improvement type.
- Monitors status of documentation and charges for timely completion of final vouchers.
- Confers with appropriate bureau to expedite receipt and/or clarify costs and federal eligibility.
2. Initiates and prepares final vouchers on a project basis for certification of reimbursement claims to the Federal Highway Association (FHWA).
- Details and summarizes project costs in proper form and format prescribed by FHWA program procedures, federal-aid final voucher procedures and specific project detailed estimate.
- Verifies and assembles required support data for the project file.
- Enters summarized detail information in the IDOT?s FPM (Federal Program Management) System for electronic approval and submittal to FHWA?s Fiscal Management Information System (FMIS) through electronic data sharing (EDS).
(Job Responsibilities continued)
3. Initiates accounting adjustment entries for the FPM System records as dictated by project research/documentation.
- Prepares an adjustment transaction in proper format and with appropriate support data.
- Monitors adjusting entries on a timely basis, with specific emphasis on audit citations for federal participation.
4. Initiates Modified Project Agreements (MPA) if required for project cost overruns.
- Enters MPA into IDOT?s FPM System for approval by immediate supervisor and section manager.
Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonable within the scope of those enumerated above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of four (4) years of college, with courses in business administration and accounting.
- Requires (2) two years of professional experience in accounting, external auditing, budgetary planning and control, or public accounting.
- Prefer ability to review detailed work including written or numerical data and to make calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Prefer skill and ability to evaluate more difficult accounting problems and to analyze and interpret more complex accounting records.
- Prefer ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships and to deal tactfully with controversial problems.
Conditions of Employment
1. Successful completion of a background investigation.
Position Marketing Statement
The Illinois Department of Transportation is seeking to hire an Accountant Advanced. The successful candidate will, under the direction of the Federal-Aid Final Voucher Unit Manager, perform professional accounting functions related to the preparation of final federal-aid vouchers for all types of highway work for submittal to the FHWA. The incumbent performs thorough audit of project and applicable IDOT bureau files to determine accuracy, eligibility, and distribution of changes for proper federal claim. S/He initiates and prepares final vouchers on a project basis for certification of reimbursement claims to FHWA.
Work Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. Monday-Friday
Work Location: 2300 S Dirksen Pkwy Springfield, IL 62764-0001
Office: Office of Planning & Programming/Bureau of Programming
Agency Contact: [email protected]
Use the ?Apply? button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees ? a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the ?View Profile? link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com ? click ?Application Procedures? in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your ?junk mail?, ?spam?, or ?other? folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses: