Financial Analyst for Land Grant Research/Extension Program (Job S#284)
Posting Date: April 22, 2022 Reposting Posting End Date: July 22, 2022
Position: Financial Analyst for Land Grant Research and Extension Programs Location: COA, Environment and Nutrition Sciences/Extension/GWCAES
Status: Full-Time: Exempt
IIn keeping with the President?s commitment to Tuskegee University Becoming ?One Tuskegee?, the ideal Financial Analyst for Land Grant Research/Extension Program will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure students, faculty, and staff within CAENS have a better understanding of all aspects of fiscal operations.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Tuskegee University as a whole in relation to fiscal operations.
- Ensure that all operations to include budget, revenue generated accounts, and personnel matters are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain an in-house chart of accounts for all projects in Cooperative Extension/ College of Agriculture, Environment and Nutrition Sciences (CAENS) in a way to monitor the end date of the grant and not to exceed the total amount.
- Provide financial status reports at least quarterly to the Dean/Extension Administrator, Associate Dean for Research, Assistant Extension Administrator, and Project Directors to monitor and make sound fiscal and budgetary decisions and/or projections as required in carrying out the objectives of federal and non-federal projects.
- Be knowledgeable of the university?s policies and regulations, and grant guidelines, and special conditions for compliance in the expenditure of funds.
- Share policies and guidelines information with Dean/Extension Administrator, Associate Dean for Research, and Assistant Extension Administrator, and Project Directors as required.
- Assist Project Directors with budget revisions and other budget and fiscal matters as required to complete project objectives.
- At intervals, share findings for the rate of spending and project end dates as reminders to avoid over expenditures and no-cost extensions.
- Assist in auditing expenditure documents process for CAENS?check request forms, intra-institutional vouchers, requisitions, and other documents- for compliance with guidelines about allowable costs, availability of funds, proper documentation and copies, dollar amount, and grant period.
- Advise the Dean/Extension Administrator, Associate Dean for Research, and/or Assistant Extension Administrator and Faculty in proposal submissions concerning fiscal and budgetary matters ? salaries allocation, percentages of fringe benefits and university overhead, and completion of the application according to the agency guidelines.
- Complete Tuskegee University proposal routing forms for submission of proposals to the Office of Sponsored Programs for approval and processing. Keep a record of all proposals submitted.
- Assist in maintaining a ?time and effort system? for faculty and staff in CAENS who perform duties that are chargeable to basic budget, federal, and/or non-federal grants. Keep accurate records for full-time efforts (FTE) and notify the Dean of problems and adjustments if needed.
- Maintain an ?Audit Readiness System? which will eliminate questionable findings by establishing an excellent audit trail ? proper signatures, contracts for employees, timesheets, proper documentation and support papers, bidding process in compliance with federal and university policy, allowable costs and payments made to vendors not to exceed the purchase order total cost.
- Keep accurate records and proper documentation for facility projects and subcontracts to maintain an excellent audit trail to ensure that the total amount does not exceed the amount approved by the funding agency.
- Manage student support (scholarship and work-study contracts) forms for CAENS for submission to Financial Aid.
- Attend meetings, workshops, and seminars that will enhance the knowledge of fiscal and budgetary matters, changes in federal guidelines and regulations to keep the area aware of such changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting or finance.
- Ability to interpret and explain federal regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel usage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Master?s degree in Business Administration concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Considerable experience in working with budgets, federal and non-federal grants and contracts and proposals
- A person must have a proven track record of integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Team Player
Additional Position Information
- This position does require weekend and after work hours during peak season
- This position will require traveling occasionally
- This position is fully funded through a grant
- This position is a full-time position
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The university reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.