Job details Salary $16 - $17 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 2 Full Job Description
Job Location: Valley Center
Title: Customer Service/Office Representative/Data Entry
Part Time: Hiring 2 people to work 16-24 hours/wk. Can choose Monday-Friday 1/2 days (either 7a-11a or 11a-3p) OR 2-3 days/week 6-8 hour days. Times are flexible.
**Opportunity for travel available if interested** (not required)
Compensation: Starting at $16/hr. $17 once trained.
Minimum of 50WPM typing skills required
We are a small family business run by second generation husband & wife team, and have been in business for 30+ years, now in the gift industry. My husband and I have four kids, one of which has special needs. We are needing to replace a very valuable employee that had been with us for 8 years. We have decided to split her position into two part time positions.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the small business environment, which includes a lot of responsibility, learning and wearing multiple hats. The position is an in-person position, not a work from home position. Travel opportunities to attend tradeshows are available, if desired, once fully trained. This position involves about three hours a day of communicating with our current customer base. Being comfortable on the phone with a friendly personality is a must. Good organizational skills are important as you will be expected to prioritize tasks to determine your daily/weekly schedule. We are currently switching over to QuickBooks from Business Works, so someone with experience in QuickBooks would beneficial, but is not necessary. Marketing and Social Media experience would be helpful as this position involves scheduling all of our social media posts and helping us determine where to spend funds in regards to advertising.
Job Summary includes but is not limited to:
*Maintaining customer relationships
*Responding to emails & taking phone calls
*Data Entry – orders, invoices, payments
*Charging credit cards
*Maintaining a tidy and clean office space
*Managing website, social media and e-commerce platforms
We are looking for someone who is/has:
*50WPM Typing Skills
*Attention to detail
*Self-Motivated, professional, works well with minimal supervision
*Excellent communication skills including both oral and written communication
*Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment
*Can read, write and speak English well
Beneficial but not mandatory:
*Significant social media growth knowledge
*Knowledge of Shopify
*Social Media Savvy
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. regularly
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Day after Thanksgiving
New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Day
What this position has to offer you after being trained on the day to day:
* Expansion of personal executive skills
* Be a part of 3-4 person team that runs the business
* Problem Solving Skills
* Coming up with Strategies to improve aspects of the business+
* Product Design input
* Self Lead Projects
* Understanding Small Business
For consideration, applicants must submit the following items by email:
1. Resume with past work history
3. WPM Typing Skills
4. Reason you think you'd be a good fit for the position
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- How many words per minute can you type? Please take an easy online test to find out if you don't know. This position requires a minimum of 50WPM.
- Are you able to commute to Valley Center?
- Do you have any upcoming events that will require you to miss work? If so, please list those dates.
- Is there any reason you will not be able to make it to work every day on time for the foreseeable future?
- Are you interested in travel opportunities?
- What makes you want to take this position?
- How long are you looking to stay at this position, if hired?
Work Location: One location