VP, VRM and Risk as a Service
Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Company Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The VP VRM and Risk as a Service (RaaS) is responsible for driving innovation of the VRM product suite and the evolution of VRM to a Risk as a Service platform serving the fraud prevention and authorization improvement needs across networks in Visa’s network of networks strategy. This role requires strategic leadership, innovation, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skills to both leverage Visa’s current assets as well as drive new product development. VRM is not only an independent product, it also supports implementation of rules for VAA, tokens and a host of other data included in transaction messages.
The VP VRM & RaaS leads defining the strategy and leading a cross functional team in executing the strategy for VRM and its evolution. This scope includes the product portfolio and managed services. S/he will drive best-practice product development to evolve existing products and launch new ones that address the latest innovations introduced by fraudsters. S/he will provide leadership to the core product team as well as regional product teams, engineers, client support specialists, VCA partners, and marketers. S/he will be effective leading technology and business innovation including product evolution from vertically integrated to microservices based products. This role will play a key role in strengthening Visa’s network of networks through authorization and fraud prevention and will be a key collaborator with other Product teams leveraging the VRM rules capabilities to drive.
The ideal candidate has experience in building a variety of client-centric digital fraud solutions and is a subject matter expert issuer fraud management and/or microservices products.
- Drive out of the box, strategic thought leadership and execution to drive > 25% revenue growth.
- Cross functional leadership of product, technical sales, engineering, operations, and other groups to ensure a seamless experience for clients and end users.
- Build and lead a team of talented product managers who combine strategic vision, technical competence, and excellent cross functional leadership skills.
- Bring to market products that promote safety and security and improve customer experience.
- Lead the re-structuring of products from vertically integrated applications to platforms with integration points for both Visa and outside applications.
- Support the shift in focus to novel digital solutions, platforms and partners and Visa’s network of networks strategy.
- Drive agile development practices to promote speed to market and drive the adoption of Agile within Visa
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
Independent of years of experience or educational background, the successful candidate will likely have a mix of the following qualifications:
- Adept across product strategy, operations, and program management
- Experience with issuers and/or issuer processors in fraud and authorizations
- Experience running an operation and being accountable for customer facing outcomes and financial outcomes
- Experience developing product strategy and successfully executing against the strategy developed
- An appreciation for different go to market models, the strengths, and risks of each, and how to optimize go to market strategies and product market fit
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience driving change through an organization as both an evangelist and through others
- Exceptional people leadership skills
- A love of fact-based decision making, passion for customer centric design and continuous improvements, insatiable curiosity, and excellent problem-solving skills
- >15 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical or technology field such as operations research, economics, computer science or many others (graduate degree is a plus)
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.