Job Summary: The Receptionist operates independently under the guidance and oversight of the Office Manager. They represent the face and voice of Lerch Bates.
They efficiently and appropriately manage all incoming calls, prepare meeting rooms, and welcome internal and external clients. The receptionist is adaptive, flexible, and self-motivated efficiently operating in both independent and team environments.
The receptionist maintains a professional demeanor while operating with a sense of urgency and accuracy in handling multiple roles and responsibilities simultaneously.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the front desk by professionally answering, and routing calls from internal & external clients with accuracy & within three rings
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related clerical tasks and projects as needed: monthly B-Day celebration (coordination, set-up and clean-up), ETR events (planning and coordination), maintaining kitchen (ordering & restocking inventory of coffee/tea, creamer, papers and cleaning supplies and monthly fridge clean-out), watering office plants, updating and distribution of the company phone list, maintenance of copier and filing, copying, and binding support assistance to staff as needed
- Place office supply orders for Texas, California, and Minnesota offices and maintain PO order log
- Ensure fresh coffee is brewed and available throughout the day, water is set-up in conference rooms for external client meetings and as requested for internal meetings
- Handle FedEx or UPS shipping requests timely and with accuracy
- Represent the face of Lerch Bates for all in person guests, provide a welcoming environment, and notification to staff of guest arrival
- Ensure new hire items are prepped and ready for first day: workstation set up, Welcome Slide, Apparel, calendar invites, business cards, phone list, and website bio and photo template with instructions.
- Coordinates and schedules coverage of breaks, lunches, and planned time off for front desk with Office Administration and Business Operations Specialist team.
- Receives and deliver mail to appropriate staff on the same day received and ensured outgoing mail is prepped and picked up or taken for drop off as needed
- Assists Office Administrator with Pie clothing orders: closet inventory levels, new hire orders and semi-annual companywide orders ? ordering, POs and invoicing, quality assurance, shipping, and delivery tracking
- Maintain a clean, stocked, and organized workspace at the front desk and in all common areas including the break rooms, kitchens, copier areas and conference rooms
- Maintain content for the electronic bulletin board communications
- Facilitate ordering and delivery of meals as requested
- Coordinate facilities maintenance, cleaning and office vendors as needed (Pitney Bowes, Aramark, Lewan Copiers)
- Work in conjunction with Corporate Fleet and Equipment Coordinator to maintain routine equipment and fleet maintenance needs
- Perform special projects as requested
- Maintain up-to-date work instructions for the front desk office procedures binder
Education, Formal Training Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Job & Industry Experience Required:
- 1-year Administrative experience inclusive of answering multiline system
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and maintain professionalism through multiple interruptions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Maintains and operates with a high level of professionalism and flexibility adapting in a changing office environment working with internal and external clients/co-workers and executives
- Exceptional grammar, business writing, and presentation preparation skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with all levels within and outside of the organization
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Critical thinking, innovative, detail-oriented, self-motivated with ideas and recommendations for increased productivity and efficiency
Lerch Bates offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP) and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
Lerch Bates is the global multidisciplinary technical consultancy saving time and money for those designing, modernizing, investigating, or managing buildings. With 35+ offices around the globe and headquarters in Denver, Colo., we serve clients of all sizes with integrated services and specialties for performance optimization at any stage of a building?s lifecycle.
When you join our team, you don?t become an employee. You become an employee-owner. Lerch Bates is 100% employee owned via an employee stock ownership plan, or ESOP. That means you have a direct stake in this company. Oure employee-owners deliver responsibility, service and performance in everything they do. We call that the ?ownership mindset.?
As an ESOP, our ownership culture is paired with four other corporate values to create the foundation of who we are.
- Ownership | As employee-owners, we prioritize personal initiative, responsibility and accountability.
- Optimism | We believe powerful thoughts produce powerful results.
- Integrity | As advisors invested in creating a bond of trust, we build our business with honesty and unbiased principles.
- Community | We strive for thoughtful consideration, intentional collaboration and meaningful relationships with those around us.
- Respect | Shown through communication, consideration and appreciation for one another.
Lerch Bates was founded in 1947 as the first elevator consultancy in the nation. From there, we continued our innovative and entrepreneurial growth by establishing the first logistics consultancy in 1984 and the first fašade access consultancy in 1985. In 1986, we cemented the entrepreneurial spirit of our founders into every employee, current and future, by becoming an ESOP. Fast forward to today, 75 years into the Lerch Bates legacy, which can be summarized simply. Every acquisition, expansion and addition to the Lerch Bates team is driven by one key element: meet the needs of our clients with projects and partnerships formed on trust, expertise, reliability and relationships.