Collections Specialist – Work-From-Home (
DescriptionJob Description Collections Specialist – Bonus Eligible (WFH)
Who We Are:
Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of “America’s Best Employers, as well as the Forbes 2019 list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity.” The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for the right candidates to join our Collections Team. Specialists will utilize strong communication and negotiation skills to assist in resolving delinquent customer balances. They will represent the company with a high standard of professionalism, and will make it their priority to positively impact Customer Experience.
Monday through Friday, 10:30 – 7:00 pm
$12.00 per hour paid bi-weekly + Monthly Commission paid the 10th of each month
- Average pay for specialists with Base + Bonus included = $14.75 per hour
- Pay during the two-week training is $11.00 per hour
- Potential for earning bonus begins following training completion
Monday through Friday, open 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Drive and manage multiple customers through an escalation process to find unique solutions and bring the customer to 100% satisfaction with the company and resolve any outstanding balance.
- Build and maintain a positive customer relationship in every interaction – manage all customer issues and escalations within the outlined scope.
- Engage with fellow employees to successfully identify problem-areas and bring resolution to urgent needs.
- Process and update customer payment methods.
Assist customers to find payment solutions that benefit the customer and Vivint.
Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding and ability to process simple math on a daily basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and aptitude for world-class customer service
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Accurately log and forward information, and track results
- Self-motivated while also able to perform in a team environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and respond positively to change
- Quickly identify a customer’s needs and provide creative solutions to new problems
- Work in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment
- Maintain composure in stressful situations and diffuse upset customers
Work-From-Home (WFH) Eligibility: As a reminder, this is a Work-From-Home (WFH) position, meaning it is fully remote but it does require you meet the following requirements if offered:
- Must be able to provide your own equipment, this entails a computer (laptop or desktop) along with a headset equipped with a microphone. (Please note our remote based software does NOT work with Apple/Mac products, tablets, or Chromebooks.)
- Must have reliable internet: 10 MBPS download and 5 MBPS upload speeds
- Be able to type a minimum of 35 wpm
- Have a quiet and private location from which to work
- Understand you cannot be the primary caregiver for any children, other people or pets while on shift.