Business Development Representative
DescriptionWe are seeking a business development representative who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is looking to jump-start their career in technology sales. While PayJunction has been growing steadily for nearly 20 years, our inside sales team is relatively new, so we are looking for people who are eager to bring curiosity, creativity and enthusiasm to the team each day. Come join us in disrupting the payment processing industry!
Since our founding in 2000, PayJunction has always prioritized long-term relationships over short-term profit. PayJunctionâs business development representatives serve as the first point of contact with future clients, a crucial step in forming the long-lasting relationships we strive for.
All PayJunction employees are currently working remotely while our Santa Barbara and Minneapolis offices are closed due to Covid-19. We will consider ongoing/full-time remote candidates for applicants residing in the following states: CA, IL, TX, MN, CO.
- Prospect new business through outreach efforts such as cold-calling, emails, video meetings and more.
- Work hand in hand with our Account Executives to set up introductions and demos with qualified prospects.
- Use our sales stack, including Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Outreach, to properly manage and prospect accounts.
- High self-motivation to meet and exceed goals on a consistent basis.
- Desire for continuous learning in the field of sales.
- Ability to quickly learn the tools and skills necessary to succeed in the business development representative role.
- Ability to build rapport and make connections with all types of personalities over the phone.
- Naturally competitive in nature.
- Willingness to implement and give feedback.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" attitude and desire to be a team-player.
- Individuals with diverse career experience in sales and hospitality are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $5 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of small and medium businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online and on-the-go.
Our focus on computer science as an artâcombined with our ethical, customer-centric attitudeâdrives us to develop disruptive technology that lowers costs, simplifies accounting and boosts productivity for small and medium sized businesses. Our cloud-powered payment solution easily and securely integrates with industry-leading business software and management platforms. We take pride in delivering innovative features such as eco-friendly digital signatures and receipts that eliminate the hassles and costs of paper by storing all transactions in the cloud.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term disability
- 9 paid company holidays
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Generous paid sick and vacation time
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- For the time being, our employees are working remotely to protect their safety during COVID. Our offices will be closed at least through 2020.
- When our offices reopen, you can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara and Minneapolis
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chair, heigh-adjustable desks and multiple monitors
- Dog-friendly office (Santa Barbara only)
- We currently still offer:
- Free instructor-led yoga and mediation classes via Zoom
- The thrill of working at one Glassdoor's Top 30 Best Places to Work in the US, 2020!
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired by our team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees
Powered by JazzHR