Customer Service and Billing Manager
The City of Greensboro exists to partner with the community to build the desired quality of life for Greensboro. All of our actions are guided by our commitment to and measured by our success in building public trust and the future we and the community desires. Critical to our success is maintaining a work environment which fosters employee commitment to public service and making a difference in the lives of our residents. If this sounds like a purpose that you would like to share in, please consider the opportunity below.
The City of Greensboro is looking for a qualified Customer Service and Billing Division Manager to join the Water Resources Department. The Customer Service and Billing Division Manager is responsible for the general operations for the division, including meter reading, billing, and customer service activities that lead to the generation of over 1.2 million accurate bills mailed annually. The manager leads a division of approximately 50 employees and schedules daily billing, meter reading, and delinquent water cut-off operations, in addition to negotiating and enforcing policy decisions concerning daily customer communication and interaction to maintain efficiency and integrity.
- Communication and coordination with various City of Greensboro departments and external service providers to ensure all software systems, web modules, and interfaces are operating properly during the course of a business day.
- The manager also handles customer escalations to resolve complex and sensitive issues, and identifies and implements service improvements.
- The manager researches, plans and budgets for current and anticipated changes to customer service, billing, and meter reading operations, and ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws and policies.
- The City will soon be converting all of its water meters to advanced metering infrastructure technology (AMI), and this position will be integral in the implementation.
- Bachelors Degree and 7 years of progressively responsible experience in Customer Service, Billing, or Metering Operations
- "OR" an equivalencyof an Associate's Degree + 10 years of progressively responsible experience in Customer Service, Billing, or Metering Operations
- 1+ years of Supervisory experience
- Experience implementing Customer Service Enhancements (i.e.., technology solutions, workflow processes, etc.)
- Prior experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Valid Driver's License
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience developing budgets
- enQuesta or related utility billing software experience
- 5+ years supervisory experience
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm