Corporate Development Associate - Remote
DescriptionCharlie Health is the first ever provider of personalized virtual intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment for adolescents and young adults.
There is a substance use and mental health crisis facing the United States. Rural populations are too large and there are too few therapists for patients to be adequately treated in-person or through one-on-one outpatient therapy. Young patients are especially underserved and are the costliest to society and the healthcare system long-term.
Virtual group therapy is the best and only way to treat these patients, and to solve the mental health crisis. Our goal is to help children and families everywhere heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way.
We are looking to add to our team of behavioral health industry veterans and technology entrepreneurs.
This is a rare chance to put a personal stamp on helping to build a business that will impact millions of lives in a profound way and be a critical partner in re-thinking mental treatment towards a value-based payment model. Youâll be joining an incredibly passionate, inspiring, supportive, and fun family.
- Report to Co-founder & Head of Strategy & Finance
- Timing: 0 â 6 months after onboarding
- Work closely with the Co-founder and Head of Strategy & Finance to evaluate and prioritize new states
- Develop close relationships with relevant state departments of health and Medicaid plans
- Manage state license application processes, including writing policies & procedures that meet local regulations, assembling âcrosswalksâ to verify that regulations are satisfied
- Scout and lease facilities that meet local regulations
- Timing: 3 â 6 months after onboarding
- Perform direct market and company research; engage with various participants in the local healthcare ecosystem
- Assist in recruitment of non-clinical staff in new markets
- Assist in population of CRM of potential healthcare provider and payor partners
- Research local media channels, including geographically focused periodicals, radio, and TV
- Timeline: 6 â 9 months after onboarding
- Assist in state-specific budgeting, financial reporting, and KPI analysis
- Take part in investor relations activities and promoting the Charlie Health brand
- Present state-specific financial and business updates to Series A investors, Board Members and Advisors
- 2+ years of experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, or other S&P 500 organization where you completed a 2-3-year âanalystâ or equivalent program, and worked as part of a large front- or middle-office team working on multiple projects at once
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to travel 3-4x per month for company meetings and licensing surveys
- Ability to commit 60+ hours per week
- 3.5 Undergrad GPA or above
- American citizen and native equivalent English
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Extremely strong at MS Word and MS PowerPoint â experience tracking changes, cross-referencing similar documents, formatting tables and slides, etc.
- Familiarity with and willingness to use cloud-based communication softwareâGmail, Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, etc. on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, listening, and note taking skills
- $75 - 110k cash base (based on experience) + 25% target bonus + options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.