DescriptionAxogen is the leading company revolutionizing the science of nerve repair. We are passionate about helping to restore function and quality of life to patients with physical damage or discontinuity to peripheral nerves.
If you want to see how you can impact lives at Axogen, take a look at these inspiring patient stories:
Axogen offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. As an intern you will be able to take ownership of projects as well as get a feel for the day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Axogen will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the internship with intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status
Axogen is hiring for an R&D Intern in Tampa, FL!
Summary Of The R&D Intern
We are seeking a highly motivated intern to join our R&D team at Axogen. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance for a dynamic, professional, hands-on experience. The intern will get a unique look into the benefits of working within smaller biomedical company; high visibility within the company. The R&D intern will help support preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies, new product feasibility and development in the R&D lab.
Requirements Of The R&D Intern
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program; preferably in Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience or other-related degree
- Ability to work 16 hours per week; specific days/hours will be based on studentâs class load
- Pass a drug screening
- Strong laboratory and in vitro experience with ELISA, proteomics, and mass spectrometry experience
- Knowledge of organic and polymer chemistry
- Some in vivo experience preferred
- Ability to design and execute experience independently based on a given hypothesis.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills, use of Microsoft Office, Excel, basic data analysis desirable
- Good teamwork skills and respectful attitude desirable
- Ability to independently follow protocols and instructions desirable
- Good organization and time management skills desirable
- Assist with preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Assist with mass spectrometry procedures, independently work after training
- Assist with data analysis, data management
- Lab organization, reagent ordering
- Support projects in new product development
111 West Oak Avenue, Tampa, FL 33602