Job ID R-368688 Date posted 07/07/2020 Job Description Summary
Supports the QA Microbiology Laboratory by performing various functions including preparing media, culture maintenance, cleaning glassware, organizing/ordering laboratory supplies, maintaining MSDSs, maintaining chemicals and reagents, verifying equipment daily (or as needed), and conducting safety inspections. Supports these activities with the appropriate documentation. Works independently or cooperatively on special projects as required. Performs entry level microbiology testing. Support these activities with the necessary preparation, quality assurance, and documentation.Job Description
- Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of laboratory glassware.
- Uses laboratory equipment that includes: dishwasher, autoclave, balance and pH meter.
- Performs entry level testing of shelf life samples, raw materials, and finished goods to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Performs verification of lab equipment, media preparation, and environmental monitoring.
- Maintains and distributes laboratory supplies.
- Distributes Certificates of Analysis for standards, equipment, etc.
- Conducts monthly inspections of laboratory safety equipment.
- Maintains laboratory Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Participate as a member of special project teams, as assigned, including support of sterilization, QC microbiology, R&D and plant objectives.
- Performs above duties in accordance with BD quality policies/procedures/practices.Complies with regulations as outlined in GMPs.
- Ensures that good housekeeping practices are followed in the area and participates in scheduled lab cleaning, laboratory waste disposal, and maintenance activities.
- Work overtime as needed by the department. Work flexible hours as business needs require.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams and activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating PVD boards, lean lite, KAS, etc.
- Communicate in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner to all associates (i.e. peers, support teams and management) including escalating issues.
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.Other duties as assigned.
- Required High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years relevant experience working in a laboratory environment or a combination of relevant experience and education preferred (i.e. semester hour in a scientific discipline).
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Experience with LabWare and SAP (preferred).
- Strong computer literacy (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to define, organize, and manage individual tasks.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills; working in a team and as an individual contributor.
Physical Requirements:This position is in a clean room or laboratory environment and requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform manufacturing functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. The incumbent may be required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexualPrimary Work Location
USA UT - SandyAdditional Locations