Digital Elections Manager (Temp 2020, Remote)
MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just againstâand we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women. In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
In 2018, in solidarity with our allies and volunteers across the country, MoveOn helped power a blue wave that elected the most diverse Democratically controlled U.S. House of Representatives in history. And in 2019, progressives and Democrats continued to secure historic wins in state elections in Virginia, Kentucky, and more. The 2020 election is more uncertain than ever, due to an unprecedented pandemic with historic health and economic implications. It is our job to help ensure that a blue wave rises once again across the battleground states and districts we need to win the White House, take control of the Senate, and retain our majority in the House of Representatives.
We can be certain Trump will continue to govern recklessly and violently throughout the entire election season, requiring us to do the essential rapid-response campaigning that we were built for and our allies depend on us for. And we can be certain that Trump will continue to pour tens of millions of dollars into battleground states campaigning while the Biden campaign works to bring the big-tent Democratic coalition together virtually. Much of this campaigning will play out online, including on social media platforms that have been rigged to favor Trump and the GOP and spread harmful misinformation targeted at Democratic candidates and voters.
With millions of members nationwide and a 20-year track record of winning electoral and progressive issue campaigns and breaking new digital and field organizing ground, MoveOn is uniquely suited to mobilize our members and organizational resources to fill real gaps, be additive to other efforts, run innovative campaigns to help win and protect votes, and make it more likely that we elect a Democratic president and Congress on November 3, 2020.
America for All - Digital Elections Manager
MoveOn is seeking a highly motivated and goal-oriented Digital Elections Manager to drive online engagement around a massive national campaign across 12 battleground states to defeat Donald Trump, retain control of the House, win back the Senate, and protect frontline communities from attacks.
The Digital Elections Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing digital recruitment, engagement, and storytelling strategies for our campaign.
- Assist in implementing all aspects of digital strategy for MoveOn's "America for All" 2020 election program.
- Regularly write clear, compelling, and creative emails and social media posts that inspire people to volunteer and take action.
- Track performance analytics to optimize content.
- Work with our organizing team and MoveOn members to produce quality content (videos, pictures, graphics, etc.) that tells the story of our campaign.
- Work with our Mobile Team to optimize our programs for mobile.
- Identify and collaborate with potential partner organizations.
- Participate as a full member of our national team, contributing to shared learning and mutual accountability.
- Minimum two cycles of experience in digital electoral or advocacy campaigning.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Minimum one election cycle experience directing a major digital program.
- Experience writing compelling emails for a large audience.
- Experience with digital CRM systems such as Action Kit, Blue State Digital, or Action Network.
- Acts with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and camaraderie.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-directedness. MoveOn is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output.
- Commitment to recruiting diverse leadership and making visible the leadership of people most impacted by Trump's campaign of bigotry.
- Some project management experience preferred.
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated, driven, able to work nights, weekends, and long hours, and able to maintain work-life balance. We take a healthy workplace seriously and can accommodate flexible daytime schedules when evening work is required.
Reports to: Political Director
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time; highly competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month, floating holidays and all-staff holidays; and reimbursement of home office expenses.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.