Associate Administrator , VA
DescriptionJob Description : Preschool Mentor Teacher ( Manager in Training )
Children of America has been in operation since 1988 with a strong commitment to excellence and world-class childcare programming. If you are looking for a significant career move, a great work environment that is family oriented, and an industry leader, look no further. We are looking for an Associate Administrator (Manager in Training) professional who will become a dedicated member of the team for the long-term.
- Are you an independent, competitive, proactive self-starter?
- Are you a problem solver, who can turn on the charm when needed?
- Do you work thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Job Summary This position has accountability for day-to-day operations while maintaining a high level of visibility teaching preschoolers. This position is responsible for teaching the COA way, and supporting a service-oriented culture. You will serve as a member of the school's leadership team at the facility providing an educational experience to the children we serve and administrative support to our internal management team.
- Maintain working knowledge of High Scope programming.
- Prepare a warm and safe environment that is orderly
- Spends a Significant amount of the day as a Teacher in a classroom
- Organizes classroom space into functional areas.
- Establish and maintain good communication with parents.
- Ensures and fosters a high level of collaboration with team members.
- Functions as a member of the leadership team, serving in an advisory capacity to applicable staff.
- Leads and influences positive change at the facility
- Must meet Virginia State standards.
- Must have experience as a Lead Teacher in a licensed facility, and/or CDA.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in childcare or early education; either in a teaching position or supervisory/administrative position.
- Possess skills, attributes and characteristics conducive to and suitable for dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and clients.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel.
We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following:
- Career Advancement Opportunities 65+ locations and growing; We proudly promote from within!
- Comprehensive Healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Childcare Discount Program
- 50% OFF Childcare Benefit
- Subsidized Tuition Program for Continuing Education/Career Advancement; up to *$500 Per Semester
- Annual Center Performance Raise
- Monthly & Yearly Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Campus Coach Program
- Alpha Perks Exclusive Discounts
- Exclusive Discounts at Avis Rent a Car