Construction Field Services Program Manager
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Austell, GA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or AEC (Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management), or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience leading projects through the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- 3 years of experience with Field Services or AEC system project management.
- Experience with construction project lifecycle processes.
- 6 years of experience leading software implementations across global and cross-functional teams in the AEC industry.
- Experience with implementing Advanced Work Packaging and Production Control field services or MES management software.
- Knowledge of data centers, cloud operations, facilities management, engineering and construction.
- Ability to work with IT in product implementation to successfully deliver business tools and systems in a dynamic environment.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Program Manager, you'll work with our data center business stakeholders to understand their technology needs. You'll work with the internal or external technology providers to build and implement and deliver solutions to meet the business requirements. You will also be responsible for identifying the most efficient solution to match business requirements, driving creation of necessary project artifacts, and ensuring team members carry out their project tasks.
You will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to build and integrate the next wave of technical solutions to increase operational efficiency, lower cost, and shorten lead times.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.Responsibilities
- Lead the delivery, implementation, and business readiness of Field Integration and Assembly (FIA) management tools for the Google Data Center organization.
- Gather and prioritize requirements, manage scope, schedule, and delivery of technology solutions for Field Integration, and Assembly Production Planning Tools (PPT) and for the long term roadmap, Manufacturing Engineering System (MES).
- Work cross-department and cross-project to develop and cultivate relationships with SME’s and stakeholders by facilitating workshops to gain knowledge of business needs and priorities, and to get buy-in from the functional units.
- Drive creation of program artifacts.
- Anticipate issues and propose solutions, manage dependencies and cross-functional issues, and identify opportunities to improve tools/processes.