Cloud Solutions Consultant, Senior Manager, Oracle
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Austin, TX, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience supporting customers in enterprise Oracle implementations including technical support, escalation management, consulting, and issue resolution.
- 3 years of experience managing a technical, customer facing team.
- Experience with Oracle technologies and their architecture and infrastructure needs.
- Cloud technology certification (GCP Professional Cloud Architect, Oracle Certified Master, Oracle Certified Professional).
- Experience with Oracle operations (implementing, migrating, troubleshooting issues with Oracle products like RMAN, Oracle RAC, performance tuning, analysis of AWRs, and connectivity between metal and storage).
- Experience with IaaS solutions: virtual machines/networks, on-premise/hybrid cloud computing, cloud identity, security models, cloud monitoring, logging, local and cloud storage.
- System administrator level knowledge of enterprise-grade Linux/Unix or Windows operating systems.
- Network administrator level knowledge of enterprise network technologies (TCP/IP, VPC, floating IPs, load balancers, firewalls)
- Outstanding troubleshooting, customer service, and communication skills.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Cloud Solutions Consultant, you will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. You will be part of a global team that provides 24/7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little customer effort as possible.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.Responsibilities
- Manage customer problems and handle escalations through effective diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of Oracle implementations for Google Cloud Platform customers.
- Collect and analyze technical troubleshooting evidence like packet traces (tcpdump), heap dumps and thread dumps, operating system statistics for network, memory, processing, and io systems.
- Act as subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, customer experience and with external partner and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve interoperability.
- Interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production and respond to outages to minimize impact on customers.
- Advocate for customer needs with cross-functional teams by contributing to Supportability Engineering with multiple product and engineering teams to improve product quality and reduce contact rate.