Country: United States
Location: Hayward, CA
Division: Ultra Clean Technology
Job Title: Planner â Hayward, CA
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Date Posted: 2/24/2020
Career Level: Experienced
UCT is seeking a Planner to join our team in Hayward, CA ! The Planner determines production requirements, releases and reschedules orders as needed to meet customer requirements. They perform functions associated with the generation and maintenance of the production plan and master production schedule. The Planner will also reconcile production/material conflicts, analyze component availability to maintain production schedule, and manage WIP inventory consistent with company goals plus facilitate operations and material status meetings. They will evaluate and coordinate engineering change orders.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for all production planning and control issues for assigned production line(s).
- Plans, schedules, coordinate and/or monitor final approval of products through the complete production cycle.
- Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labour loading, and capacity requirements.
- Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules.
- Handles all work order creation, releases, completion and closing.
- Trouble-shoot all production control problems and drive them to correct closure.
- Monitors all process shortages and ensures resolution is attained.
- Builds positive relationships with manufacturing and materials in a quick-turn, engineer-to-order environment.
- Works closely with engineering, quality, purchasing, and other operations staff to ensure functional specs are met, parts are available as needed, and quality is maintained.
- May interface with customers to schedule deliveries or discuss issues.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; engineering BOM reading skills.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with internal customers/suppliers.
- Strong PC skills to include Microsoft Office software suites.
- Meeting management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP applications
- BA/BS degree in business administration, operations management, or equivalent experience.
- CPIM/CIRM certification a plus
- 2+ years planning experience with working knowledge of quick-turn, low volume, engineer-to-order production environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
- Work may require the ability to lift 10-20 pounds infrequently
- Ability to climb and stoop
- Ability to stand for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to move arms, hands and fingers.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Ability to lift over 25 lbs. with assistance
- Have the visual acuity to perform the given task
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to talk on phone and use computer for extended periods of time may be required.
- Frequent travel between buildings may be required.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable.
- May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computer etc.
- Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting).
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.