Customer Operations and Logistics Analyst
DescriptionWho are we?
Since its founding in 2004, KIND has been on a mission to make the world a little kinder one snack and one act at a time. KIND was born out of its founderâs desire to create a snack that was healthy and tasty, wholesome and convenient. What began as a line of premium Fruit & Nut bars sparked the creation of an entirely new healthier snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of snacks that offer solutions for a variety of different occasions.
We love making snacks that delight peopleâs taste buds and fuel their bodies, and we also love inspiring kindness in communities everywhere. As a not-only-for-profit company, weâve always believed that thereâs more to business than just profit.
Weâre looking for passionate collaborators to help us become the foremost leader in health & wellness and positively impact society along the way. If youâre looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, youâve found the right place.
What Youâll Do
The Customer Operations and Logistics Analyst is responsible to meet or exceed customer expectations through timely order fulfillment, on time delivery, and exceptional communication. This will be accomplished through cross collaboration with Production and Demand Planning, Distribution, Third Party Logistics, Finance, and Sales. The Customer Operations and Logistics Analyst is a core member of the Supply Chain team responsible for delivering world class service to our customers.
Customer Operations And Logistics Analyst Daily Responsibilities
- Manage customer order fulfillment process end-to-end (manual and EDI), ensuring data accuracy (items, pricing, promotions) to meet our customers order and delivery requirements.
- Own customer case fill and on-time delivery with a mindset to maximize both metrics. Analyze KPI metric data through reporting, collaborate with Management on service improvements and strategy when required
- Ensure customers adhere to order guidelines and proactively recommend order management and process improvements to customers (order lead time and optimization)
- Coordinate reverse logistics and customer reimbursement as needed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand and take appropriate action to manage cost impact of order violations, order expedites, and other actions taken to deliver service against operational constraints and budgets.
- Support the continued development and refinement of Customer Operations SOPâs and metrics to drive continuous improvements in service, cost, and quality.
- Handle all correspondence in a timely and effective manner through proactive and responsive communication to internal and external business partners
- Ensure broker/customer/sales are apprised of any product availability issues
- Act as a liaison with Sales and Broker Partners to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Update, maintain, and analyze customer account profiles, detailing pertinent requirements and communicate same to internal departments to ensure customer master data integrity
- Solid understanding of cost to serve when evaluating logistics opportunities
- Drive vendor compliance through collaboration with Finance, Third Party Logistics, and our customers. Maintain, monitor and influence vendor scorecard improvement and work to remedy deductions resulting from non-compliance issues such as late deliveries, EDI accuracy, etc.
- Partner with and support Finance team to resolve customer claims and non-trade deductions
- Support any KIND product quality initiatives relative to investigation and product retrieval
- Provide updated routing guidelines to third party logistics provider (3PL), bring forward non-compliance issues for resolution.
- Partner with 3PL provider to resolve outstanding logistics issues, keeping management apprised as needed
- Create ad hoc reports as needed (Service level)
- Handle special projects as assigned by Management
- Minimum of Bachelorâs degree is Required
- 2-4 years of experience working for a CPG organization
- General understanding of Logistics
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and activities
- Team player
- Proven ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be an involved business partner. Take ownership while exercising good judgment
- Strong Systems aptitude and must be proficient in Microsoft office applications with emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with ERP system is preferable
- High level of enthusiasm and commitment to excellence
- APICS certification is a plus
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off. Choose what works best for you, including summer hours
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you & your familyâs needs
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in office programs like Drs, Nutritionists, Mindfulness, Chair Massages & others
- Casual office dress code â feel free to wear your KIND gear
- Stock up on your favorite KIND bars to share with your family & friends, through a quarterly voucher redeemable on ks.com
- Training & tuition reimbursement program, because continuing to learn matters and we support your development
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
- The opportunity and responsibility to be KIND everyday
At KIND, we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. KIND is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.