General Manager, Austin
DescriptionThe General Manager holds primary responsibility for the location and the entire team at that location, managing the business proactively so that possible impediments to the locationâs success can be dealt with before they affect revenue, profitability, employee satisfaction and customer service.
The General Managerâs Duties Include
- Be accountable for the profitability and growth of the location.
- Create revenue and profitability projections and an annual budget.
- Oversee the monthly P&L, sharing location specific results with Assistant Managers and other appropriate staff members.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that location-specific bookkeeping is correctly coded in a timely manner.
- Oversee the procurement process including retail and back bar ordering, inventory management, and merchandising. Collaborate effectively with procurement department to create efficiencies and business improvements.
- Assist in calculating and updating daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly business goals.
- Proactively identify variances from budgeted goals and address them collaboratively with Inc. staff.
- Keep location organized, clean and presentable and conduct quarterly walk-throughs with Director.
- Maintain the milk + honey brand facility standards through oversight of all maintenance and improvement projects.
- Maintain the milk + honey brand service standards through regular and comprehensive evaluations and action plans.
- Coordinate a system so that all client reviews, surveys and concerns are addressed within 24 hours or less.
- Recruit for all location positions, oversee the application process and make final decisions about all hiring decisions.
- Mentor and develop the staff, providing clear and reachable goals, reviews and regular coaching.
- Conduct and supervise employee verbal and written notices and terminations.
- Collaborate with Inc HR Department to ensure that company and location policies and procedures are compliant with regulations, financially responsible, and in the best interests of our employees.
- Help the Marketing team set marketing goals and provide the operational support to achieve those goals. Develop and maintain a comprehensive marketing calendar for your location, including location specific advertising and marketing campaigns, seasonal promotions and special events.
- Attend all leadership meetings and contribute substantially to company-wide initiatives and projects.
- Collaborate with INC. on special projects as needed.
- Must be a self-starter and driver for the location, possess the ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all of the systems and programs that are essential to the management of the business
- Be available as needed for protocol and system questions from Manager and Assistant Managers
- 5+ years of overseeing a team of 50+ people
- Demonstrates the ability to respond calmly and with clarity in high-pressure situations
- Personify milk + honeyâs 4 Principles in every interaction with clients and coworkers
- Must be able to sustain reasonable physical activity for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Must be able to hear so as to effectively understand customerâs needs
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs