Program Officer, Global
DescriptionEssential Duties And Responsibilities
OGP Governance Support
- Support the coordination of the OGP Steering Committee in its governance role. This includes scheduling necessary calls and meetings; developing agendas and background documents; preparing minutes and action items resulting from meetings and calls; following up and tracking deliverables and action items.
- Support the coordination of Steering Committee meetings, including agenda building and compiling pre-meeting packets of reference materials.
- Draft tactical and often sensitive Steering Committee communications, and provide quality control for external-facing communications such as resolutions and statements.
- Support the selection process of new Steering Committee members on a yearly basis, including by liaising with third-party online voting platforms and developing guidance and communication materials to launch the call for expressions of interest.
- Project manage different initiatives to support the objectives of the global team, including engagement with OGP Ambassadors, Envoys, multilateral partners, thematic leaders, and other OGP influencers.
- Coordinate OGPâs engagement in global fora and thematic events on issues like anti-corruption, digital rights and sustainable development. This includes liaising with event coordinators, preparing background briefs, talking-points, presentation and other logistical components.
- Liaise with other teams to effectively project manage global team led deliverables identified in the 3 Year Implementation Plan.
- Support the planning and implementation of OGP regional and global events.
- Work with the Deputy CEO to help prepare for internal and external meetings, events and other engagements.
- Support the Deputy CEO on special initiatives.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in working in or with governments and civil society
- Experience project managing governance bodies and other high level officials, ideally in an
- Degree or equivalent experience in public administration, political science, international affairs or
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to independently manage projects, with strong attention to detail and cross-team collaboration, including sharing information to update both on progress and setbacks
- Strong track record of working effectively and diplomatically with a range of internal and external
- Excellent writing skills, including drafting briefings and speaking points, writing blogs, and crafting strategic messages, both for public and internal consumption.
- Experience in event planning desired
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a multi-cultural, multilingual, often âvirtualâ team setting with colleagues based around the world
- Flexibility to travel locally and internationally up to 15% of the time
- This position is based in Washington DC. The selected individual must have the legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Preferred start date is asap.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Please submit a cover letter and current CV as attachments to;
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Because of the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant. We thank applicants in advance for their expressions of interest.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Duties are generally carried out in a normal business office environment â i.e., working at a computer while sitting at a desk for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office is handicapped accessible and located close to public transportation. Work space is open plan and shared with other organizations. Occasional travel may be required to OGP events/ meetings via long-haul flights in economy class.