Admin Assistant - Health Central - Full Time
DescriptionAdmin Assistant - Health Central - Full Time - Req15493
Orlando Health is a $3.4 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the areaâs only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 2,900 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the areaâs largest employers with more than 20,000 employees who serve more than 112,000 inpatients, more than 2.4 million outpatients, and more than 10,000 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at www.orlandohealth.com.
Performs advanced, diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience and skilled knowledge of organization policies and practices for the Administrator and Corporate Manager.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four (4) years clerical or secretarial experience.
- Answers phone calls, routes callers, takes messages and resolves routine and some complex inquiries.
- Screens calls and visitors.
- Operates copy machine and fax machine.
- Distributes incoming mail.
- Orders supplies.
- Establishes and maintains files and records on an ongoing basis.
- Conducts research, data collection, and some analysis of information.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments.
- Organizes meetings including distributing materials, arranging of refreshments, transcribing minutes and makes travel arrangements if necessary.
- Works independently on special projects.
- Composes and types routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, special projects, technical papers, etc.
- Creates, prepares and coordinates presentations, including charts, graphs, etc.
- Creates and maintains databases and spreadsheets.
- May assist in preparing and/or monitoring budget.
- Performs routine problem solving.
- Works with sensitive employee information and confidential organization information.
- Interacts professionally with all levels of management.
- Significant employee contact and customer service.
- May provide work direction to other clerical personnel within the department