You will be primarily responsible for the planning and execution of events and academic conferences hosted by the Economic Research department. This includes planning and organizing the events alongside stakeholders; arranging speaker and visitor travel/logistics; coordinating all event-related activities and day-of event logistics - such as meals, audio-visual needs, and directing attendees upon arrival; and administratively closing out the event. Events include academic-based conferences, community events, external workshops, internal meetings, and other events related to economics and outreach.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and coordinate all aspects of planning, organizing, and executing the Economic Research departmentâs events
- Coordinate reservations and logistics for in-house event space, food and beverage, supplies and audiovisual equipment, travel arrangements, event materials, and any other event-related needs
- Manage event marketing needs and registrations through the events application, CVENT
- Work within event budgets to manage expenses and strictly follow all policies and procedures
- Ensure that the execution of the event meets the quality expectations of the host and department and that all stakeholder requests are met by checking room set-up, audio visual/technology, and catering according to plan and guidelines
- Proactively work with partner departments (i.e., Facilities, Law Enforcement, IT, Food Services, Hospitality Services) to resolve potential logistical issues in advance, or as they may arise
- Provide exceptional customer service throughout all interactions of the process, from beginning to end, with planners, partners, and attendees
- Close out all events administratively, as required by policy
- Evaluate event success, gather input from stakeholders, and ensure that recommendations are recorded for future reference
- Constantly improve and streamline the event planning and implementation process
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of direct conference/event planning and client service work-related experience
- Working knowledge and experience of audio visual equipment, set-up, operation and related systems
- Exceptional client service skills
- Ability to understand the department, Bank and client budgetary constraints/policies
- Experience working with event management software, CVENT preferred
- Position requires occasional morning hours and/or early evening hours, and requires flexibility with work schedule to meet business needs that may result in overtime.
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bankâs ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Full-time / Part-time
Tier II - No Credit Check