Cleaning and Sanitation Coordinator
DO & CO The Gourmet Entertainment Company â A passion for hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky: As a listed Austrian company with the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, we offer gourmet entertainment all over the world. We operate 31 locations in 11 countries on 3 continents, maintaining the highest standard of quality in both our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly â sometimes beyond our own expectations. The most important ingredient in our premium recipe is our staff of 11,000 employees, each and every one of whom has a strong personality and a passion for hospitality. They shape our company with their personal dedication and commitment. We give our all to provide them with an environment in which they can realize their full potential.
New York | Chicago | Los Angeles | London | Paris | Milan | Barcelona | Frankfurt
DÃ¼sseldorf | Berlin | Munich | Istanbul | Kiev | Warsaw | Seoul | Vienna
The DO & CO New York team currently consists of approximately 800 employees. We are looking for a
Overnight Cleaning and Sanitation Coordinator
This position is ideal for someone who is looking to continue and enhance their career in Food Safety, Quality Control and Quality Assurance. This role has a focus on a candidate with a strong sanitation background and willing to work overnight controlling and directing employees of third party cleaning company.
Reports to: Food Safety and Hygiene Supervisor
- Coordinate and oversee overnight deep cleaning and sanitation program
- Verification of cleaning and sanitation
- Perform assigned Environmental Swabs post cleaning and sanitation.
- Provide hands on cleaning and sanitation training for cleaning team.
- Implement sanitation procedures and policies in accordance with regulatory and food safety Management System as well as client requirements.
- Implement and monitor Master Sanitation Schedule
- Analyze sanitation data in order to identify trends and continual improvement opportunities.
- Manages the sanitation inventory of chemicals and tools. Comply with Safety Data Sheet requirements in the handling of chemicals and proper use of PPE ensuring Sanitation team members are trained upon hire and annually thereafter.
- Control the issuance and use of cleaning chemicals.
- Be part of an energetic team, creating gourmet products served to thousands of passengers daily, on the Worldâs best International Airlines
- Provide support before/at customer audits, health department inspections, trainings and consultations and ensure employees understand and comply with applicable standards
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Strong experience in Food Facility Sanitation
- Good knowledge and experience of Food Facility Cleaning Chemicals and Handling
- Good Knowledge and experience in Cleaning Verification in a Food Facility
- Work experience in a hospitality, food production environment, catering establishment within floor monitoring, food safety and quality parameters.
- Ability to multi-task, work well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals in different functions
- Passion for working within an international team
- Knowledge of HACCP, and other Food Safety Related Trainings will be an added advantage.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, professional work ethic & service-oriented and a hands-on approach
- Good computer skills required (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- A minimum of High School Certificate and/or Technical/Vocational Education
- Free employee meals
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Holiday pay, paid time off, sick days
- Diverse & multi-lingual teams
- Career advancement
- MTA pre-tax commuter benefit
We look forward to receiving your application (if you are eligible to work within the US). Join us and help shape the spirit of DO & CO!
DO & CO New York Catering, Inc.
149-32 132 Street
Jamaica, NY 11430
Tel.:+1 718 529 4570
This job description is not exhaustive of all job responsibilities. Other tasks may be added by the Management according to business requirements.