Cyber Threat/CI Analyst (5th Shift: 6pm-6am/Sat-Sun)
- The Department of Homeland Security's United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) leads efforts to improve the Nation's cybersecurity posture, coordinate cyber information sharing, and proactively manage cyber risks to the Nation while protecting the constitutional rights of Americans. US-CERT strives to be a trusted global leader in cybersecurityÃ¢â¬âcollaborative, agile, and responsive in a dynamic and complex environment.
- US-CERT is the 24-hour operational arm of the Department of Homeland Security's National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC). Through its 24x7 operations center, US-CERT accepts, triages, and collaboratively responds to incidents; provides technical assistance to information system operators; and disseminates timely notifications regarding current and potential security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Work closely with network/incident analysts and IC analysts to monitor current attack and threat information to identify those that are relevant to the US-CERT mission space;
- Conduct analysis of indicators of compromise to identify attack vectors and patterns;
- Identify adversary TTPs that define potential attacks;
- Differentiate between anomalous traffic patterns caused by misbehaving users and/or systems, and create a timeline of intrusion activity;
- Have working knowledge of cyber and other security policies and capabilities to prevent, detect, monitor and mitigate cyber attacks.
- TS/SCI eligible, active TS/SCI clearance preferred
- Current or prior TS/SCI at DHS is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Network architectures, protocols, and standards (TCP/IP, IPSEC, ATM, SNMP)
- Incident response lifecycle and methodologies
- Anti-virus and signature development and deployment
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Windows and/or Linux environments
- FISMA Guidance and other cybersecurity frameworks
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nationâs most complex threats and challenges. As a small business weâre committed to supporting our clientsâ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!