- Must possess a strong work character and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and passion for the job.
- Ability to multi-task and follow instructions.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed to support complex operations.
- Critical thinking and ability to analyze data and situations is a must. This involves being detail oriented with strong emphasis on accuracy and organization.
- Safe and efficient operation of production equipment to include: Automated case packing and palletizing equipment.
- Perform physical product hand-stacking (palletizing) operations in accordance with defined product pallet patterns.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOPâs) in detail without deviation.
- Generate pallet identification labels in accordance to the production run schedule and customer specifications. This includes the verification of case quantity, product, product ID and production dates.
- Accurate data entry into ERP system (SAP).
- Validate product codes in accordance with code specifications.
- Verify and record accurate product case quantities.
- Identify and effectively communicate any out-of-specification product conditions. Follow the established notification protocol.
- Operating a forklift, transfer product from the product palletizing operations to the finished goods warehouse.
- Effective coordination with the packaging and warehouse operation teams to ensure finished good inventory accuracy.
- Perform routine equipment adjustments.
- Safe operation of a forklift, safe material handling operations.
- Accurately and neatly complete production records and documents.
- Perform equipment change-overs, clean-up operations and equipment set-up.
- Perform environmental controls.
- Perform product reclaim and rework operations in accordance with reclaim guidelines.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Follow all established occupational health and safety procedures.
- Follow all established GMPâs and Food Safety requirements.
- Cross-train with other departments.
- Perform good housekeeping within established housekeeping guidelines.
- Comply with federal, state and local dairy food regulations.
- Adhere to the Saputo Code of Ethics, actively apply the Saputo Company Values and Workplace Climate Policy.
- Work together with co-workers and other department personnel.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, humid), standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment consistently throughout the shift.
- Working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures.
- Physical lifting up to 45-lbs frequently throughout the shift unassisted.
- Good visual acuity with the ability to distinguish colors.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE), to include bump cap, hearing and eye protection. This also include additional PPE requirements as defined for the position activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of (2)-two years of demonstrated work experience in food manufacturing, dairy food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Advanced quality/food safety training and/or certifications is a plus, but not required.
- A working understanding of food manufacturing acronyms (SQF, HACCP, SOP, 5S, GMP)
- Strong math skills.
- Proficient computer skills, software and data entry, SAP a plus.
- Strong technical skills, ability to operate and understand equipment controls, touch panels and mechanical operations.
- Ability to obtain a forklift certification, classes I-V to include pallet trucks.
- Successful completion of drug screen andâ¯background check.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated work history.
- Good attendance is a must.
- Shift flexibility. This is a hands-on role for a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Our equipment operators are assigned to a shift, in support of a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This can either be rotating AM/PM, days, swing or night shift and also includes working weekends. Work days and shifts may change to help cover vacations/absences, during plant downtime or related events such as audits. This position will primarily be a day shift 6am - 6:30pm, on a 2-2-3 schedule.